Embedded Team leader, hands-on Software Development, Embedded C, RTOS on ST, Electronics Interfacing, experience with development of IoT devices, including: cellular, GPS, BLE, USB, Energy management, etc, Leadership and highly motivation. The ideal candidate is a Embedded Software Development Specialist working within an RTOS environment, across the Full Software Development Lifecycle, exposure to C Language on ST microcontrollers. Software Team Leadership experience is also a desirable, but not essential skill for the opportunity.
- Create detailed requirements and design specifications based on input from product requirements specifications and prototype testing and characterization.
- Provide innovative and robust software design solutions and code to identified problem / high risk design areas.
- Review and critique software design solutions developed by other team members.
- Ensure that the key functional technical blocks of the instrument are developed, tested and iterated in a robust and rapid manner.
- Ability to define and execute the required unit testing verification activities needed to demonstrate the software design has met specification.
- Degree qualified in software engineering, or equivalent relevant experience
- Expert practical experience in developing embedded systems software using C
- Ability to translate software requirements into design specifications.
- Practical experience in assisting board bring up and debug using appropriate tools and techniques
- Knowledge of interrupt handling, bootloaders, flash operations and peripheral programming.
- Can demonstrate understanding of real time operating systems.
- Able to create modular, testable code while adhering to company coding standards.
- Ability to read and review schematics produced by the electronics team.
- Knowledge of embedded system hardware peripheral blocks low-level operation (such as GPIO, ADC, DAC, SPI, I2C, UART, etc.).
- Able to debug hardware issues together with the electronics team (e.g. create specific software tests that will exercise certain hardware features).
- Knowledge and practical experience in the use of BLE, USB, Cellular, can bus and measurement of analog signals.
- Knowledge of ST processors architecture